Alfred is a productivity application for Mac OS X, which aims to save you time in searching your local computer and the web. The Powerpack is a set of incredibly powerful features, built on top of the robust core of Alfred. Deeply integrated with OS X, it will make you more productive that ever!
The Wolfram Alpha for Alfred is an older extension that hasn’t really gotten a lot of attention but I think that is more because not everyone is aware of what all it can do. The Wolfram Alpha extension allows you to query Wolfram Alpha and will show the text result in Growl. It will also copy the text result to the clipboard for quick and easy use.
What all can Wolfram do?
- Perform math (square root of 9)
- General queries (What is the capital of Alabama)
- Conversions (9 inches in cm)
- Currency conversion (45 USD in GBP)
- Food info (How many calories in one m&m)
- Check the time (What time is it in Paris)
- Weather (Whats the weather like in London)
- Stock data (stock AAPL)
- Education (Whats the population of New York City)
- and so much more.. see more examples here
IMPORTANT: The version of this extension available for download doesn’t work properly until you create a personal API key for Wolfram. When I published this, I passed it out with my own key, and Wolfram later killed it because of excessive use. Instructions on how to create your own AppID can be found here
For more of my extensions and many others, check out the new Alfred Support site.